BETTY SCHMIDT MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Betty Schmidt, a Licensed Public Accountant (LPA) from Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, served as president of the IAPA during 1986-87. Unfortunately, she passed away much too soon. In her memory and honor, the IAPA established the Betty Schmidt Memorial Scholarship Fund to help support outstanding students who are Idaho residents majoring in Accounting at Idaho universities and colleges.
The Betty Schmidt Memorial Scholarship Foundation is proud to announce the recipients of scholarships for the 2015/2016 collegiate year. Congratulations! They are:
Brittney Torres, Pocatello, Idaho State University
Karla Gonzalez, Jerome, Boise State University
Jamie Lynne Berks, Potlatch, Lewis-Clark State College
Download the Application
Watch this page of IAPA’s website sometime in early January 2017 to download an application for the 2017/2018 school year.
Qualified applicants must:
- Be qualified Idaho residents.
- Major in Accounting.
- Attend an Idaho college or university.
- Be a junior or senior Accounting student, or graduate level, during the 2016/2018 academic year.
- Submit the completed, signed application form.
- Provide an official college transcript for all course work (hard copy only is acceptable).
- Provide a letter of recommendation from the head of the accounting department or a professor of accounting at the college or university in which you are currently enrolled.
The scholar/scholars are selected annually based on financial need and academic performance. Official college transcripts and the letter of recommendation must be postmarked no later than April 15, 2017. All scholarship candidates will be notified of the selections in July 2017. Checks will be sent directly to the school prior to the beginning of the fall term 2017.
The Scholarship Award may be used for either undergraduate or graduate tuition, books, or on-campus housing.